Thomas and I went to see Glenn Beck's latest stage show last night--"Glenn Beck '08: Unelectable". He is a conservative talk show host who I happened upon the day after the last presidential election--aka Gloatfest 2004. And I've been listening and laughing ever since. He also does an evening tv show on Headline News, stage shows a couple of times a year and is a consultant on GMA. Basically he's the Energizer Bunny.
And last night was no exception--it was quite an experience! He had us laughing hysterically, cheering wildly, and then the next minute making sobering points about the direction of the country to an audience SO QUIET, I actually would have heard a pin drop. I'm so glad we finally got to see him in person. It was a ton of fun! Of course, we forgot to take a picture of ourselves, but here are some from the show:
"Don't you hate it when politician's come out trying to look like the locals?"
Giving the speech you wish a politician had the guts to stand up and say.
At the end of the show, some local Boy Scouts were on hand to fold up the giant flag. Glenn came back out to say we were welcome to leave or stay and watch. I saw about 3 people leave--everyone else stayed until they were done and sang all the patriotic songs anyone knew the words to.




No comments:
Post a Comment