Monday, August 18, 2008

Backyard Olympics 2008

Our second Backyard Olympics took place this past weekend!

Opening ceremonies


Smith Family flag (you can't see it, but there's an 'S' in the yellow)
Marian is wearing her Jamaica shirt from the last Olympics, 4 years ago, while Brennan is sporting the Greece shirt that was Aidan's last time.


Marian in the torch relay


Balance Beam


Egg race


Golf

There were separate events for the babies:

'Mom-calling' where the moms did the calling and the babies did the racing.

Video of the race (Kendra, hope you don't mind that I stole this from your site)




Tunnel racing


Globe Beach Ball Toss


Dance-off


Brennan and Daddy staying cool

The paparazzi

Medals Ceremony (youngest to oldest)

And we finished off the day with Chinese food and Olympic Ring cupcakes!
It was so much fun, we decided we have to figure out a way to do a Winter Olympics!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That is brilliant! I think I'll steal some of these ideas for a future year.

Anonymous said...

No, steal away! That was one of the best events. I loved the photo of all the guys taking pictures, and the photo of you and Brennen during the mom-calling event. Very good!

kristen said...

I hope y'all do a winter one!!! I want to go!!!

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes were among some of the best events. I think I might have one that one.

It was a GREAT day@