Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Days of School

Marian started 3rd grade while we were in Scotland. She's excited to have 2 teachers this year (She switches with the room across the hall for reading).

Brennan and Aidan started at preschool on Sept 2nd. Brennan is in the 1-year old class, two days a week. He was fine when I left but I don't think he noticed that I left right away. Aidan said he saw Brennan crying during chapel, and deduced that the he didn't like the music. The teachers said he stopped crying when they went out to the playground. He loves to be outside! "Shuuz! Shuuz!" He knows to bring you his shoes and yours if he wants to go outside.



Aidan is in the 5's and LOVING it! We decided to wait on kindergarten and I think it was the right decision. He has come out of his shell at school, participating like never before. His teachers are amazed at the progress he's made, just since this summer, when some of them first met him during the summer session. It was a long decision-making process that we went back and forth on all summer. It's a relief to see him being so comfortable so soon in the school year!


I had already enrolled him for kindergarten in the spring. So in August I went back to the elementary school to tell them we were withdrawing, and as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, Aidan's eyes teared up and he said, "I don't want to try this!" I had to reassure him many times that we were going to tell them that he wasn't coming to kindergarten before I could get him to go near the front door.

No comments: