Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School Bells


Let me take a hiatus from the summer adventures to post back-to-school pictures.




Marian, Aidan, and Brennan all started back last week
Brennan is in Pre-K at a different school than last year, so he had a whole new slew of classmates, teachers, school, bus drivers (and bus pick-up time--ugh) to get used to. So far, so good! Teachers say he's doing great and playing well with the other kids. He protests being woken up so early (so do I), but it's nice only having to deal with one kid at a time. I let him sit for 10 minutes on the couch, then approach with clothes, then found that if I promised him we could go look at construction trucks outside, he would eat a waffle while waiting for the bus to arrive. He's been very happy about seeing the bus every morning, so yay for that!

Aidan started 2nd grade and seems to like his teacher. No complaints from him, except for homework--20 minutes of reading, gasp! Dare I tell him it gets worse?


Marian started 6th grade--middle school! Also going well, as far as I can tell. The only problem so far has been that her gym locker is too high up for her to be able to see it well enough to put the combination in. But I think she's getting the hang of it!

Evan started preschool (mother's day out) yesterday

Backpack was a little too heavy, but he liked wearing it around the house

The backpack won!

He was very gung-ho about it, striding down the hall in front of me. Ok, so he took a few wrong turns, but I don't think it was on purpose! He did really well at the cookie-lookie (meet the teacher) last week. They said he was the only one to wear his nametag, and never cried. So, I was wary as the other boys did fine at their cookie-lookies also, and would then cry on the first day, since now they knew it meant I was leaving them. Evan got a little clingy, but I managed to get him playing with one of the teachers and tiptoe away. I peeked in the window and I did see him start to cry, but I think it was b/c there were others who came in screaming, so it set them all off. The teachers said he was (the only one in their class) dancing to the music at chapel, so he was fine within minutes. He only fussed at naptime since sleeping on a napmat is a whole new experience, but did fall asleep. He was playing happily in the toy kitchen when I came to pick him up!

1 comment:

shannon said...

Whoa! Can't believe how big everyone is! Crazy to have 6th graders! Our pre-Ker likes getting up early as much as yours. Not fun! Hope they all have a great year!