Friday, December 5, 2008

Holly Jolly Poetry

Marian entered a poetry contest at school, and her poem was chosen as one of the winners! The local bookstore hosted a night where the kids read their poems, the choir sang, and a portion of sales from that night went to the school. Marian said she was nervous as soon as she found out she was a winner, but the whole reason she entered was because she wanted to read a poem in front everyone. She did great, despite feeling a little under the weather. We are so proud!

Christmas is coming,
Christmas is near.
Time to spread good joy and cheer.
Santa is coming driving his reindeer.
His time is coming, it is sooooo near.
I can't wait for Christmas,
Neither can you.
It's a time for family,
fun and giving, too!
Christmas is coming,
Christmas is near.
It's time to spread
good joy and cheer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poem! I am so impressed, but not that surprised. What a smart girl!

RJS said...

The first poem she tried to write was, "Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose..."
I had a hard time convincing her that although it was a song, it was already somebody else's poem, that had just been put to music. The she sat down and wrote her poem in 5-10 minutes.

kristen said...

Wow! What a beautiful writer. That's so great. Good job,Marian!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to hear her read it! She did such a good job writing it!! She's amazing!