We took the kids to a park in Racine for some sledding. Of course, we came at it from completely the wrong direction, so while Thomas and I struggled to climb the back of the hill, Marian and Aidan raced, slipping and sliding, up the hill.
Marian completely ignored our requests to wait for us at the top, so when we got there, she was a speck at the bottom of the hill. And I struggle to describe just how big/steep this hill was. I don't think I would have let her go down, and daredevil Marian did not want to do it again.
So we decided to go over to the side where there was a much smaller slope. But that meant we had to get down the very slick, icy hill. It took some doing, including Aidan going very slowly down the tire steps, which everyone else was going up to get to the top of the hill.
We made it and they had lots of fun going on much shorter trips. Aidan alternately loved it and was too scared to do it.
We put Brennan on the sled for a short tow ride, but he just wanted to be held. He was a real trooper the whole trip, ear infection and all.






1 comment:
I love the picture of Brennan. It's perfect.
Post a Comment